Physics Computing Resources:
Condensed Matter Theory (CMT)
- AMD Opteron Cluster (2.0 GHz-2.4GHz): This is a distributed memory cluster composed of 121 dual nodes (i.e. 242 CPUs) with 32 nodes having 4 GB memory/node and 88 nodes having 2 GB memory/node (i.e. a total memory of 308 GBs). Clock speeds of the Opteron cluster range from 2.0 GHz to 2.4 GHz (master firstname.lastname@example.org GHz, 32 email@example.com GHz, and 88 firstname.lastname@example.org GHz). The nodes are linked via gigabit ethernet connections. A 700 GB raid array system is also available for the home directory files.
- AMD Athlon MP Cluster (1.6 GHz - 2.1 GHz): An older Linux cluster with 56 compute nodes, 56 GB of memory, and 200GB of the raid array.
- SGI ALTIX 350 System (Intel Itanium-II): Two shared-memory computers, (clock speeds of 1.4 GHz and 1.5GHz, respectively), each with 16 CPUs, 64 GBs of memory, and 274 GBs of storage.
- SGI ALTIX 450 System (Intel Itanium-II): A symmetric multi-processing (SMP) system with 64 GBs of shared memory, 16 CPUs, and 800 GBs of storage.
Comparative Planetology Laboratory (CPL)
- AMD Opteron Cluster (2 GHz): This is a 64-core linux parallel computer cluster composed of 3 nodes.
University-wide Computing Resources
- IBM iDataplex (Intel Xeon L5420, 2.5 GHz): This distributed memory cluster will have 312 nodes with quad core processors for a total of 2496 processor cores. Each node has 32 GBs of memory and the nodes will be interconnected by a mixture of Gigabit Ethernets and infiniband (16 Gps) technology. This cluster is expected to have a peak performance of 20+ teraflops.
- IBM P570 (Power 6, 4.7 GHz): This is a SMP system with 16 CPUs and 128 GBs of shared memory.