The Hunt for Dark Matter: What It is, and Why It Matters

Event

When:
Wed, 06 Feb 2019, 07:00 pm - 08:30 pm
Where:
Monnik Beer Co. - Louisville, KY
Category:
PALS CURRENT
Who:
R.L. Steele
Affiliation:
University of Louisville

Description

The universe is a mysterious place! Everything we can see--all of the planets, stars, galaxies, dust, and gas that emit electromagnetic radiation--only accounts for about 4% of the total matter in the universe. What is the remaining ~96% of the universe made of? Dark energy and dark matter, we think.

Join us for the February edition of PALS & Astronomy on Tap Louisville, where graduate student and dark matter huntress Becky Steele will explain the difference between dark energy and dark matter, why dark matter matters, and what we know (and don't know) about it.


Venue

Location:
Monnik Beer Co. - Website